Facebook Reality Lab's mission is “To give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere.” The teams working on augmented and virtual reality technologies at Facebook are on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state of the art with groundbreaking research into emerging technologies and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products that support this mission. We are looking for an audio engineer to develop audio drivers, audio firmware, or audio AOSP layer. The position requires strong C++ coding skills, experience with AOSP, DSP, and audio engines.
Software Engineer, Embedded Systems (Audio) Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, develop, and debug real-time algorithms for embedded systems.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems, prioritize ruthlessly, and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of problem-solving.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in C++, including the use of C++11 features.
- 5+ years of experience creating audio software for games or other real-time environments.
- Proven track record of software development experience, including shipping one or more products.
- Communication experience and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
- Background in DSP.