The team is integrated into a team building new devices in order to improve performance across the software stack. Our team is looking for an engineer who can use their knowledge of mobile and/or embedded system performance to optimize speed, battery efficiency, and data transfer. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate, and able to work across the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects, and product management.
Systems Software Engineer, Android Performance Responsibilities
- Drive performance analysis and optimization across the stack to optimize resource usage in areas including compute, memory, storage, bandwidth
- Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product performance
- Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and experimentation
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for various new devices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of programming experience in C/C++
- 5+ years experience in embedded Linux or Android
- Experience working on systems software in a large-scale code base
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases spanning platforms and tools
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems
- Knowledge of Android and Linux particularly in the areas of battery and memory management
- Experience with system resource optimization on mobile platforms.