Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. As part of the Wireless Technologies team, you will be working on the state-of-the-art of communications focusing on architecture, development and deployment of existing and new platforms. You should have a mix of experience in all phases of modern software engineering from design, architecture, development, data analysis and deployment. Be ready to build something outstanding when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple.
The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We are striving for innovation and if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product, join our team!
- Strong understanding of embedded communications for both wired and wireless solutions
- Validated background in embedded software engineering
- Background or research experience in RF, Digital and wireless communications
- Results-oriented problem solver who is comfortable in an undefined, unbounded work environment
- Proficient in C, C++ and Python
- Confirmed understanding of TCP/IP and other related communication stacks
You will work closely with multi-functional teams to identify, design, architect and prove out solutions across a myriad of Apple products. You will actively participate in the design and development of proof-of-concept solutions. You will also help define the APIs and Frameworks that enable internal and external development teams to take advantage of your work. Ultimately, in this role, you will play an active role in bringing the next innovation to market.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working on their own as well as a team environment
- Experience with audio/video streaming
- Expertise with Bluetooth, WiFi, 5G, LTE and similar wireless standards
- Experience working in a lab setting by both defining the lab needs and efficiently using its equipment