- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience coding in C or C++.
- Experience in ARM architecture and standard interfaces, bare-metal programming, bootloader and firmware.
- Experience with Linux kernel and device drivers and Android system programming.
- Experience in software/hardware integration.
- Image processing software/hardware architecture experience.
- Verification experience using FPGAs and/or emulation platforms.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Design and implement firmware for mobile systems.
- Design and implement tools for system bring-up, debugging and performance/power evaluation.
- Design and implement functional tests to validate the correctness and performance of individual components and system in pre- and post-silicon environments.