Motorola Mobility is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
This position is part of the Android Software Platform team responsible for Android Framework enhancement and customization. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement extended functions on Android platform, mostly in Frameworks and Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL).
- Integrate the latest Android platform to mobile products, analyze and fix issues to support product delivery.
- Tune up system performance and improve system stability using the strong background in Computer Operating System, Embedded System, and multi-thread programming.
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in software engineering
- Solid Experience with Java/Kotlin/C/C++ or other structured language.
- Experience with git, Linux, Android Studio
- Strong algorithmic, data structure and object oriented programming skills
- Software Architecture and Design Methodologies
- MS in CS, EE, or ECE
- Knowledge of communication systems preferable.
- 3+ years of experience with Android platform development with a major leader in this area (like Qualcomm, Samsung, Google) or a major OEM.
- Real-Time Embedded System Programming
- Good multitasking and communication skills.
- Passionate about innovation, discovery and willing to take risks.