Motorola Mobility is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
We are looking for Software Development Do’ers in our “For Those Who DO” culture…..come put your career on the fast track with the fastest growing PC company in the world!!
This position is part of Motorola Mobility Software Development Team that will be responsible for many aspects of a leading edge SW solution.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design, implement, test, and debug wireless communication functions (WiFi and Bluetooth) for Android mobile devices
- Software will be developed in C/C++, Java, Shell, Python, Perl programming languages
- Investigate downstream effects of integration of 3rd party components, and come up with remedial actions
- Measure impact to overall system performance and optimize.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a customer-centric orientation, attention to detail and creativity in solving design problems.
- Works independently on projects, manage day-to-day assignments and collaborate as a proactive team member.
- Take direction and seek approval from the team lead and PM.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced global environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Possess a positive attitude and high standards for creative executions.
- Have a strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with little direction.
- Exhibit ability to work on several projects simultaneously with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks independently.
- Have fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end- results.
- Demonstrate creativity in problem solving.
- Conform to Lenovo’s code quality practices and guidelines
- BS/MS degree in CS, EE, or a related engineering discipline
- 0-3 years of experience developing, testing, and debugging Android mobile devices
- Be able to demonstrate ability to develop in C/C++, Java, Bash, Python, Perl.
- Familiarity with WiFi and Bluetooth specs, protocols, relevant debugging & analytical tools & software (simulators, sniffers, protocol analyzers)
- Previous experience in Windows embedded.