Come join a team of creative, high-energy, and enthusiastic firmware engineers responsible for System Control in Apple products. You will develop state machine solutions which will control power sequencing, system state sequencing and power management along with supporting firmware for embedded controller peripherals. The position requires high level thinking to architect solutions along with low level programming, excellent communication and leadership skills. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's next generation products. Our environment fosters innovation within a creative and high-quality solution space.
- 5+ years of embedded firmware development using C.
- Working knowledge of hardware design for embedded applications.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Experience with advanced micro-controllers, especially those which are ARM based.
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including I2C/SMBus, RS232, SPI and ADC converters.
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Experience with code management tools like SVN or Git.
- Excellent leadership, communication and team work skills.
Ownership of system management control firmware. Writing code in C for an embedded controller application. Ownership of communication and interface technologies for an embedded controller. Debugging embedded controller applications using Jtag and other debug techniques.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in one of EE, CS or CE.
- Working knowledge of embedded controller RTOS
- Scripting experience using Python or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink and Stateflow.
- Familiarity with using MacOS