This position is in the Datacenter and Embedded Solutions Group, Embedded business unit which will be a subject matter expert for x86 architecture processors and network storage products. The Customer Applications Engineering team (CAE) is a global organization that helps customers design, integrate, and maintain enterprise level storage products. A CAE team works directly with Field Application Engineers, R&D engineers, and customers to launch new customer products and resolve reported issues.
Provide guidance to ODM/OEM customers on properly integrating AMD processor into storage products and custom designs. Guidance consists of architecture reviews, schematic reviews, design-in support and training customers on product features. Analyze, debug, & root cause issues found with AMD processor enabled platform and work with appropriate development teams to provide a solution. Train field sales and support staff in the features and uses of AMD products. Occasional international travel is needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of embedded system (or Masters Degree in related field plus 6 years of relevant experience).
- Experience with industry standard IO interfaces and storage - NVMe, NVMe over Fabrics, PCIe gen3/4, NTB, DDR4, XGbE
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging HW and/or SW issues at SoC and System level. Experience with x86 architecture SoC platform design is a plus.
- Must demonstrate deep understanding of Storage infrastructure and Network infrastructure
- Prior experience with network storage platform design and validation
- Proven track record of designing high end processor hardware platforms
- Experience with BIOS or firmware is a plus
- Strong skills at understanding customer needs and identifying solutions to their challenges
- Collaborate with cross-organizational teams and customer findings to identify root cause and resolution
- Good written and strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate technical solutions with the customer and internal teams
- Self-motivated and a strong self-driven learner who learns new technologies quickly