This is a great opportunity to work on a growing team focused on firmware that is crucial to all of AMD’s product lines spanning from server to semi-custom ASICs.
This team is also responsible for firmware transformation initiatives to propel the organization to the next level. Working in this new team is a great career opportunity to make a big difference where contributions will get noticed widely.
As member of the Firmware Engineering Team you will be part of the development group spanning pre and post silicon design cycles.
To be successful in this team, you will need strong embedded systems development experience and a history of success working with global and highly-dynamic teams.
- Support all platforms and projects with firmware responsible for configuration of high bandwidth peripheral IO busses such as PCIe and SATA.
- Engaged as a team player and work closely with cross-functional teams such as BIOS, SMU, architecture, design and verification on delivery of integrated firmware solutions.
- Develop and support full design cycle of embedded firmware solutions including pre-si, post-si and production
Preferred Experience & Skill set :
- Proven technical leadership skills including driving, executing and coordinating firmware solutions.
- Previous work experience with leading small teams and providing technical mentorship as needed.
- Experience with FW development full design cycle including: Tape-Out, Bring-Up and Productization debug and support.
- Strong programming skills in C for embedded systems to develop algorithms, data structure manipulation, and implementation of highly optimized code including best programming practices.
- Hands-on working experience with industry standard protocols such as: PCIe, USB, SATA, HyperTransport , Ethernet, etc.
- Knowledge of ARM and/or x86 architecture including understanding of HW/FW interoperability.
- Expertise in ASIC architecture and the digital design design/flow concepts.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows.
- Experience with presenting technical solutions and status to technical lead and management forums.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, excellent attention to detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog/UVM
- Bachelor/Master in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Engineering Science or Computer Science.