Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. Source code development, review and maintenance (C/C++). Unit and system level test and verification (TCL, System C, Modelsim SE) Experience in lowlevel programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, hardware design. Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and Fiber Channel. System level design and modeling manages design environment (make, Perl, SVN, Bugzilla). System integration using 8, 16, 32-bit microcontrollers. Algorithm modeling, benchmarking, implementation, and digital signal processing.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree plus 15 years' experience, Master's degree plus 12 years' experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 12+ years of experience in C/C++ programming skills.
- 12+ years of experience with development in RTOS / embedded Linux kernel (e.g., boot loader, u-boot, various drivers) and multi-thread application development.
- 12+ years of experience in embedded Firmware development.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates with experience in Open BMC development would be preferred.
- Experience in Platform management firmware development.
- Knowledge on BMC, IPMI and other platform management protocols/specifications (DMTF etc).
- Knowledge and experience on embedded platform bring-up, debug and usage of debug tools.
- Experience with one or more of the following: IPMI, IPMB, I2C, KCS, RGMII, KVM, SOL, WS-MAN.
- Familiar with servers and Intel architecture for servers.
- Demonstrated ability of analyzing complex technical problems, diagnosing root cause, and finding solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven real time firmware using C and understanding of RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues.
- Demonstrated ability of working well in a diverse and cross geo team environment
- Knowledge of IA architecture and EFI BIOS.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and have experience in solving complicated network issue.
- Experience of ARM or equivalent processors