- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience coding in one or more programming languages (i.e. C/C++, Python).
- Experience with Bluetooth stack/controllers/drivers.
- 3 years of industry experience. Experience developing for real time operating systems (RTOS) on ARM Cortex-Mx and low-power SoCs, small-footprint and low-power systems
- Knowledge of bus protocols such as UART, I2S, I2C.
- Experience with code coverage and static analysis tools.
- Comfortability with tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Expertise with audio algorithm implementation/optimization.
- Experience reading and reviewing schematics.
About the job
The Google Pixel team is building innovative hardware and software solutions for consumers. The Google Pixel team designs and builds premium mobile devices and services that are truly aspirational and showcase the potential of the Android platform. We strive to revolutionize how people interact with newer and smarter Android devices.
Google's firmware engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale, and extend well beyond web search.
As a Firmware Engineer, you'll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our business grows and evolves. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. You'll develop the whole software stack for future smarter android devices. You will also help architect, develop, test and deploy complex embedded consumer devices.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Work with different Bluetooth chip vendors to integrate new Bluetooth features and protocols on Google products.
- Develop/implement/optimize reliable Bluetooth features and algorithms on the target platform.
- Design automated tuning/testing infrastructure to reduce manual effort.