Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Micron Technology’s Nonvolatile Engineering Group is focused on developing ground breaking memory controller and System-on-Chip (SoC) designs, incorporating advanced hardware (HW) and firmware (FW) to enable Micron’s SSD and mobile NAND product roadmap.
As a Senior/Principal Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will develop high-performance controller firmware for innovative volatile and non-volatile memory systems. In this position, you will assist in evaluating, designing, building, bench testing, debugging, and failure analyzing firmware for new high performance memory controllers and Solid State Drivers that will increase performance, while reducing power, latency and SoC (System on Chip) complexity for the target sectors. You can expect to work closely with system test engineers, system failure analysis engineers, firmware engineers, firmware test engineers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, memory design engineers, firmware tools developers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional product development issues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding skills, verification/validation, simulation, failure analysis, ASIC/FPGA/System bring-up to use tools that support these activities.
- Validate customer requirements and perform failure analysis on firmware related issues.
- Develop structured source code targeting the embedded environment associated with state of the art memory.
- Perform design verification using a variety of verification methods, including simulation and product testing.
- Focus on firmware quality in the system and the target application.
- Participate in SCRUM/Agile processes and distributed code reviews.
- Develop new test tools and methods.
- Follow specified processes/procedures/workflows.
- Analyze equipment or software; you will demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
- In depth knowledge and extensive experience with deeply embedded firmware development
- Experience with software engineering principles and designing and developing firmware using assembly and C/C++ programming.
- Expertise in the use of scripting languages, programming tools and environments
- Experience using debugging techniques for customed processors, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, In circuit emulators, or JTAG/trace hardware to debug code.
- Experience of the storage industry, in SSD, HDD, storage systems or a related technology
- Deep understanding of storage interfaces including ideally PCIe, NVMe, SATA, SAS, UFS, eMMC
- Experience with advanced NAND flash and other non-volatile storage
- Experience with of ARM or ARC Microprocessors
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships
- Ambitious, goal-oriented, and a dedicated colleague
- Collaborate effectively in a dynamic team environment