As a Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will develop high-performance controller firmware for innovative volatile and non-volatile memory systems. In this position, you will assist in evaluating, designing, building, bench testing, debugging, and failure analyzing firmware for new high performance memory controllers and Solid State Drivers that will increase performance, while reducing power, latency and SoC (System on Chip) complexity for the target markets. You can expect to work closely with system test engineers, system failure analysis engineers, firmware engineers, firmware test engineers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, memory design engineers, firmware tools developers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional product development issues.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Leverage proficiency in coding skills, verification/validation, simulation, failure analysis, ASIC/FPGA/System bring-up to use tools that support these activities. Validate customer requirements and perform failure analysis on firmware related issues. Develop structured source code targeting the embedded environment associated with state of the art memory. Perform design verification using a variety of verification methods, including simulation and product testing. Focus on firmware quality in the system and the target application. Participate in SCRUM/Agile processes and distributed code reviews. Develop new test tools and methods. Follow specified processes/procedures/workflows. Analyze equipment or software; you will demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
- Experience developing firmware for embedded systems.
- Experience developing fault tolerant Software.
- Experience using debugging techniques for customer processors and co-processors, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, In circuit emulators, or JTAG/trace hardware to debug code.
- Experience with development tools and IDE’s such as Slick Edit, Source Point and Realview.
- Experience with digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers.
- Experience with software engineering principles and designing and developing firmware using assembly and C/C++ programming.
- Experience with software/firmware development in multiprocessor hardware environments, including performance measurements and analysis, system architecture design development, system design development, and test plan development.
- Must be willing to travel 15-30 days a year, domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge or experience with digital storage and memory internals, and the components of a memory or storage subsystem.
- Experience with SCSI, SAS, SATA, FCoE, iSCSI, or Fiber Channel software development.
- Experience with flash memory technology.
- Experience with NVMe and PCIe, including PCIe driver programing equivalent
- Experience with of ARM Microprocessors and ARM Cortex.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).