AMD's power management design team is seeking an experienced Firmware Design Engineer to chip in to System Management, Power Management and Security firmware for AMD's APU, Server and dGPU products. This position offers a very good growth path in a highly visible role.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated, self-driven, with a can-do attitude
- Clearly communicate technical information
- Able to lead meetings and collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Able to drive tasks to completion, and operate in ambiguous situations
- Meticulous attention to detail in both feature design, coding and verification
- Assume ownership in development and/or verification of firmware crafted for an embedded microcontroller.
- Develop and verify firmware in C/C++
- Occasional creation of utility software using C++, Perl, Python
- Work with HW design and verification engineers to verify firmware features
- Contribute to architecture of hardware, firmware and power management features
- Significant experience in software development or verification
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++, assembly, and scripting languages
- Power/thermal management experience is an asset
- Good understanding of digital electronics and computer architecture
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details.
- Bachelor, Master's or PhD degree required in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science with a focus on computer architecture
- Markham, Ontario or Austin, Texas