As a Design Engineer on our System Management Unit (SMU) IP Team, you will own and guide the development and verification of System on Chip secure boot and SoC initialization embedded firmware. This group owns digital hardware verification and embedded software debug. Your hands-on mentorship of the small and hardworking bootcode engineering team will improve hardware and software security, cryptography and computer architecture through development of the secure boot and initialization firmware. This is a substantial role!
An experienced firmware and hardware architect with a background in technical leadership and engineering management. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work well as a mentor and to collaborate with our SoC integration and SoC DV teams. We value high analytical and problem solving skills with close attention to details.
- Lead the engineering of embedded firmware for SOC secure boot, SOC initialization and embedded microprocessor driven hardware acceleration services for cryptography, decompression and large scale DMA functions using Hardware/Firmware co-verification in UVM System Verilog and C-DPI structured testbench and also an FPGA hardware prototype platform
- Own automation and infrastructure methodologies for the modification, compilation, and verification of embedded SOC boot firmware; develop and execute subsystem and block level tests using FW/HW co-verification methodology; and improve verification metrics
- Build test plans and drive verification and debug of embedded boot firmware functionality to complete functional test and code coverage goals
- Develop and modify the System Verilog and C driven testbench and bus functional models as required to manage the verification process
- Drive in subsystem specification, influence IP micro-architecture development (HW and FW co-design and verification aspect), develop and verify abstracted performance models
- Proven experience in FW and HW design or verification
- Solid understanding of software development and debug
- Proficient in object oriented programming, scripting, and low-level programming languages
- Deep knowledge about UVM methodology and C-DPI methodology
- Excellent knowledge about standard bus/interface protocols (i.e. AXI, AHB, AMBA)
- Excellent experience with firmware design on commercial microprocessors; microprocessor tool chain, compiler, assembler, debugger; and ASIC verification tools, simulation, linting, power aware simulation, etc.
- Major in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Master’s or PhD Degree preferred