Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are looking for a Firmware development expert. The position entails architecting, designing, developing, debugging and integrating firmware solutions for SOC bring up and low level Firmware work. A successful candidate will employ solid design methodologies, deep technical knowledge, and well-honed debug skills across multiple FW components to ensure on-schedule, defect-free system firmware product development, enabling critical FW development to data center customers.
Architect, design and implement embedded firmware, device drivers and associated processes enabling wide range of security features.
Develop new software features and enhancements within pre & post silicon environments.
Collaborate with customers and partners on new initiatives, resolve technical challenges and align efforts across engineering teams and business units within AMD.
Engage as an active team player, leverage AGILE methodologies to drive cross team development, provide leadership to junior developers and always ready to take on new challenges.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to developers, program managers.
Drive design reviews, quality improvements and architectural discussions.
- Experience within the SOC domain with specialization in embedded SOC products such as ARM and x86.
- Experience with pre-silicon validation on FPGAs or simulation environments along with ASIC bring-up.
- Experience with databus protocol such as SPI, I2C and PCIE would be an asset.
- Experience in hardware/software interfaces and debug sophesticated issues in CPU and FW using JTAG, source code debuggers and other tools.
- An understanding of OS kernel/driver design and implementation with one or more operating systems.
- An understanding of embedded firmware and/or device driver development on ARM or x86.
- An understanding of assembly level instruction sets: AMD64 or ARM.
- Experience with technologies such as Secure Boot, TEE, or TPM, AES, DES, RSA, AMD Secure Memory Encryption, AMD Secure Encrypted virtualization would be an asset
- Experiences working with RTOS and other embedded OS environments.
- Experience working on server platforms.
- Experience with secure software development lifecycle process.
- Well versed in software engineering practices to drive timely execution and long-term sustainability.
- Strong problem solving skills is a must.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, responding to changing business and technical conditions with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
- 7+ years of hands on relevant industry experience.
BS + 7-9 years or MS + 5-7 years or PhD + 3-5 year.