Apple’s iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a real passion in both hardware and software. As a member of the iPhone modeling and algorithm team, you will work on system-level modeling of iOS devices and create cutting-edge simulation platform to guide the mission-critical design decisions including quantifying the tradeoffs between HW, SW or a hybrid approach. You will have the opportunity to influence the architectural roadmaps and high-level system specifications for the future iOS devices. This is an extraordinary cross-disciplinary opportunity and it requires intensive team collaboration effort coupled with solid system-engineering background.
- Must have solid system architecture fundamentals. Deep knowledge in key system-engineering architectural and implementation tradeoffs.
- Have significant experience in system level modeling and analysis for data flows, performance and power.
- Strong programming skill (Matlab, C/C++) and solid scripting experience (Perl/Python).
- Experience in designing embedded systems from beginning to end as well as experience in creating system specifications
- Familiarity with power impact on architecture, logic design and circuit levels is a plus
- Logic level (RTL) design or EDA experience is a plus.
- Power measurement and sensing experience is a plus
- Understanding of electrical engineering board schematics.
- Excellent communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
We are looking for an engineer capable of handling challenges from “cradle to grave”. We love self-motivated teammates who are committed to continually innovate. Bring your passion and dedication and you will discover excitement and endless possibilities in the process of building our next-gen products in Apple. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Prototyping and conducting feasibility study on new technologies.
- Create high-level simulation framework for future iOS devices and new power-saving technologies
- Power modeling of iOS devices and refine the system power policy accordingly
- Use case power analysis
- Drive the future power-saving algorithms/techniques
- Coordinate the cross-organization collaboration
Education & Experience
- Preferred MS/PhD in CS/EE/CE with minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Position will require some international travel.