Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms. The successful candidate will be part of a team that includes algorithm, user experience, software, firmware and silicon experts.
Embedded Software Engineer Intern Responsibilities
- Support development of ASICs custom-designed for Facebook Reality Labs products
- End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as USB, UART, SPI, CSI/DSI, I2C, GPIO
- Experience in software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level
- Experience with Computer Vision