Design and develop firmware for SAS storage products produced by Broadcom, Inc.
- The primary focus is IO operations implemented in C for ARM microprocessors.
- Product features are implemented to customer requirements and based on standards for storage protocols SAS, SATA, SCSI and NVMe.
- The position requires solid embedded design, coding, and troubleshooting skills.
- Development and debug will involve the use of software debuggers, ICEs, and protocol or logic analyzers.
- Documentation is required to maintain a history of events and provide internal/external partners with insight on product design.
- The candidate is expected to be able to contribute on both an individual contributor level as well as be able to take a leadership role in designing and developing specific features
- The position requires good written communication skills and the ability to verbally communicate additional details.
- Degree in EE, CE, CS, or other engineering discipline
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Master’s Degree/MBA and 7-12 years’ experience
- Expertise in embedded software development
- Experience in structured or Object Oriented software development
- Excellent C or C++ programming skills
- Expert knowledge of Microprocessors, system architecture and IO systems.
- Expert knowledge of SAS/SATA/SCSI protocols and/or PCIe Storage (NVMe) with hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated experience in IO and/or RAID FW development
- Understanding of storage industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Experience with SAS, SATA, and/or NVMe controller FW development.
- Experience with SAS Expander FW development and debug.
- Experience with PCIe Storage NVMe protocol
- Experience with ARM and GHS compilers, probes and debug tools
- Experience with Protocol Analyzers and In-Circuit Emulators
- Experience interfacing with geographically dispersed teams
- Good overall design skills and thorough understanding of and integration with software development life cycle.
- Effective documentation skills
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence