As a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) at Micron and located near key customers, you will serve as a primary technical contact for Micron’s customers and various departments within Micron. The FAE has the role of trusted advisor, and is responsible for building a strong technical relationship with the key customers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working to attain design wins and qualifications of Micron Products in various customer application areas, such as notebook or desktop computers, data center servers, networking or storage systems, or embedded solutions
- Providing technical support to local customers (including Embedded, Networking and Storage customers) and the field sales force. Support includes applications advice, product recommendations, device testing/updating at customer site, technical problem resolution, training and quality issue resolution.
- Working to establish the best memory footprint and best system configuration for the specific target application in the Embedded & Networking space.
- Solving customers’ systems configuration and setup challenges and issues.
- Working with factory applications engineers to develop solutions which meet customer performance and power requirements.
- Working with and driving internal marketing and development teams to figure out feasibility of specific new products, packaging or features and ensuring customer specifications are met.
- Identifying and communicating the needed customer focused collateral (e.g., product guides, cross references, datasheets, system compatibility guides, etc.).
- Work with customers to handle quality issues in customer manufacturing and field applications.
- Providing internal strategic direction for customer systems applications and quality related objectives through collaboration with global field support teams.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 5 years of experience in DRAM design, product, test, system validation, application engineering, and Non Volatile Memory experience.
- Systems experience, including: Systems design, test and troubleshooting.
- Different memory usage in the systems.
- DRAM/NAND/NOR/SSD (Components and Modules) failure analysis.
- Volatile & Non Volatile Memories interface knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing and debug.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills.
- Ambitious, take initiative, and to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction.
- Good working knowledge of non-volatile and volatile memory products
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel for up to 25% of time.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise