Position open for a strong self-motivated and talented SQA Automation engineer to develop Broadcom security platforms solutions. Candidate must have a strong background in embedded system testing, networking, and automation skills. Experience with SSL protocol is required.
- Understand, expand, and integrate existing automated frameworks and harness written in Python
- Be responsible for setting strategy and approach to increase and optimized automated test coverage
- Integrate new Products into the various automated frameworks used by the QA and development team
- Design, develop, and implement an automated framework/environment to discover and isolate bottlenecks.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated web based UI tests in a Python based Selenium framework
- Design, maintain, and execute manual and semi-manual tests for new and legacy product features
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from requirements gathering, to functional specification, to qualifying of features.
- Demonstrated success building automated frameworks and harnesses from the ground up in a Linux environment.
- Expert level programming in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, TCL
- Understand QA methodologies and capable of designing test strategies and individual test cases to provide full coverage of new and legacy features.
- Willing and highly capable of providing manual test coverage for new features or areas of the product that are not good candidates for automation
- Working experience on hardware product testing methodology
- Strong understanding of SSL cryptography and PKI infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of security applications such as DLP, or Secure Web Gateway
- Strong experience with SQA/testing/Automation 10+ years
- Past working experience with security appliance such as Bluecoat SSL visibility platform and Secure Web Gateway products is highly desired
- Past working experience with hardware qualification testing (Proto, EVT, PVT), familiar with manufacturing testing process and implementation to an automated test environment
- Experience with Java, Selenium, Maven, Git, Jira, and Linux/Unix/OS X command line utilization
- Experience in testing protocols, operating systems, security applications
- Experience in Network and/or Security Administration will be an advantage
- Demonstrated success automating Web Based User Interfaces with Selenium a major plus
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices etc.) and Wireshark
- Used open source or home-grown tools to emulate real network-based applications
- Designed, implemented, and maintained an automated environment to conduct Stress and Capacity testing on Network Devices or Appliances
- User of IP traffic generators (Layers 3 through 7) such as Ixia IxLoad or SmartBits Avalanche
- Working knowledge of major IP infrastructure products such as firewalls, routers and switches a plus
- Ability to successfully analyze and debug network issues with Wireshark or other packet analysis tools a plus