Join QCOM Technologies Inc Global CAD team delivering solutions for design of leading-edge wireless products. Qualcomm is leading 5G innovations ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. The Qualcomm Global CAD team is currently seeking FPGA Design Engineer to develop FPGA Firmware & Embedded software.
This role will include:
- Work with industry-standard tools and technologies to develop solutions to a variety of infrastructure needs.
- Design and Implement critical firmware for custom emulation hardware
- Mentor and lead other members of the team
- Contributing towards the continuous development of Tools, Technology and Flows
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
- Willingness to work out of San Diego this is a requirement for this role
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of direct hands-on experience with System Verilog, RTL/HDL, FPGA (Xilinx Ultrascale, Ultrascale+, MPSoC, Intel Stratix) and FPGA Tools (Xilinx, Intel)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with Linux / Embedded Linux
- 10+ years of direct hands-on experience with C++ (x86, aarch64) and Python
- Demonstratable knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Knowledgeable of agile project management principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to work independently, and create customer-facing applications
- Master's or PhD. in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of ARM based designs, Embedded Linux, Linux Device Drivers
- Solid experience in implementing the following protocols: AXI, PCIe, I2C, LVDS, Ethernet
- Preferred programming experience with multiple languages, statically/dynamical typed, functional/object oriented
- Experience with Linux filesystems, including strace and proc file systems
- Proven ability of software design principles, practices and patterns
- Extremely knowledgeable of agile project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of TDD, refactoring, code smells, design smells and SOLID principles
- Experience with the following: Git, Perforce, LSF, Splunk, MySQL, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, and other related technologies
- Exposure to VLSI design concepts, logic design