Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in. -Software architecture enhancement using various SW design patterns and writing/re-architecting existing and new software modules - Write low level SW in embedded systems environment -Development of best in class Wifi products -Diagnose Wifi and RF systems performance issues -Work closely with and support chip designers, h/w board engineers and RF specialists in the lab - Design, develop, unit test and documentation of the next generation WLAN platforms features. - Design and develop firmware in small memory footprint processors (that implements WLAN / offload functions from the host processor) - Optimize the driver for maximum performance - Resolve and support customer launch and release issues may require travel to customer sites.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 2-10 years experience in the following areas
- Embedded driver development
- Writing and rewriting/architecting/implementing new software modules and enhancements
- One or more of programming skills: C/C++/XML
- One or more scripting languages such as Perl, python, shell, etc.
- Object oriented operations/implementation experience in the embedded software environment
- Embedded system and firmware development
- Tools & Other DSP experience, RF test equipment measurements for power, spectrum, and waveform quality in at least one cellular standard
- Debugging embedded software using an in-circuit emulator
Lauterbach, Trace32, JTAG for an ARM processor
- Power and spectrum signal analysis using IQ capture data
- Digital communications and RF theory in the areas of WIFI, LTE, CDMA, UMTS or GSM is a plus -Work on Firmware in small memory footprint processors
- Required: Bachelor's in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Preferred: Master's in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field