- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in system software development (e.g., kernel, device drivers, firmware, software that manages kernels, machines, or devices).
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience coding in C/C++.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience coding in Python and/or experience with scripting languages (e.g., shell).
- Experience with solid state and disk based storage technologies, storage protocols (e.g., NVMe, SATA/ATA/SAS), networking programming, writing and debugging system software (e.g., kernel, device drivers, firmware), server, diagnostics, and embedded systems.
- Experience with developer operations, release management, and integration testing.
- Experience with open source development.
- Knowledge of large scale distributed storage systems.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute innovative ideas and skills to the team.