- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in embedded systems development.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX environments including shell scripting.
- Experience programming in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience contributing to an open source project.
- Knowledge of ARM or x86 assembly, system BIOS, Linux kernel and device drivers.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
About the job
Google’s Chrome OS Partner Engineering team works closely with leading-edge chipset manufacturers and OEMs/ODMs in delivering next-generation computing devices. We build hardware and OS technical solutions with our long-term partners, who are making Chrome platform into an optimized cloud and portable device enabling platform. We are working toward a fast, secure and simple user experience for all Chrome devices.
As a System Integration Engineer, internally you will work closely with functional teams for new technology development and next generation reference platform. Externally you will be responsible for the success of our partnerships with hardware/component vendors and be the technical point of contact for partners. You will have a demonstrated understanding of technology and the dynamics between stakeholders in the PC manufacturing ecosystem.
- Ensure successful technical integration with hardware OEM/ODM and chipset vendors. Act as a main point of technical contact and drive technical issues to resolution.
- Interact directly with chipset and device manufacturers to influence system designs.
- Interact directly with internal Engineering teams to support platform firmware and software development.
- Drive product features with your wide knowledge of Internet technologies and hardware capabilities.
- Build systems and tools to grow the Chrome OS partner ecosystem and develop software to test hardware performance and qualify components.