The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. Facebook Portal team is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement platform software for Portal devices. This person will be an integral member of the team, responsible for embedded software design and optimization with a concentration on connectivity SW stacks for WiFi and Bluetooth. This person will also be involved in developing a solid platform while working on variety of domains to enable new experiences for Portal family products.
Embedded Software Engineer - Connectivity Responsibilities
- Work on the connectivity SW stacks (WiFi/Bluetooth) to improve and meet product needs.
- Work on root-cause issues reported by QA and customer feedback in WiFi/Bluetooth domain.
- Contribute to code bases written in Java, C, C++, Python for Android, and automated testing.
- Work closely with a team to solves issues and create new features in the connectivity space (Bluetooth, Wifi, HDMI, etc.).
- Provide support to QA, manufacturing, and other software teams.
- Understand complex systems with wireless interfaces.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in a field which uses WiFi, Bluetooth, or related technology.
- Experience in embedded software development for consumer electronics product.
- Experience in implementing or integrating WiFi, preferably on an Android platform, or a system which employs the Linux WPA supplicant.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.