Qualcomm is a world leader in 3G, 4G and 5G NR technology. Qualcomm's ideas and inventions are driving wireless growth and helping to connect people to information, entertainment and one another. Be part of a team involved with the architecture, design and development of software/firmware used in Qualcomm's wireless chipsets, focusing on network related modem data services. The candidate must be highly self-motivated, possessing strong interpersonal skills, must be capable of handling complex software engineering assignments that require collaboration with local and remote teams, and have the ability to work on tasks independently. The individual will work on the design and development of Platform Software for a next generation wireless chipset.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
2+ years experience in Embedded SW development preferred including:
- Experience in Linux based embedded software development
- Experience in developing Linux Device Drivers including Kernels
- Experience with build systems, software development tools and source control systems (GIT, P4)
- Experience in IP networking -Strong debugging skills that includes experience with embedded tools (jtag, emulators).
- SW Architecture / Design expertise -Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in system level optimization and profiling
- Experience with LTE and other wireless communication protocol software a plus.
- Experience developing software for an embedded RTOS.
- Knowledge of the ARM and DSP architectures desired.
- Experience with Linux scripting utilities (perl, python, expect, shell)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.