Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. As a member of the Modem Common Services (MCS) software team, responsibilities will include development of software services, drivers, and tools that interface across the 3G, 4G, and 5G radio access technologies, software/firmware integration and test, and engineering/customer build generation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
1+ of experience in the following areas:
- C programming skills
- Experience in designing and developing software in an embedded environment
- Demonstrated debugging experience (embedded environment preferred)
Knowledge of wireless telecommunications, especially CDMA and LTE protocols
- Knowledge of modem SoC hardware and software architecture
- Knowledge of wireless resource arbitration strategies and algorithms
- Familiarity with modem power and limiting concepts
- Perl/Python programming skills
- C++ programming skills
- Experience with version control systems
- Demonstrated software design skills
- Demonstrated communication skills both within and across teams and show high initiative to solve complex problems.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.