Samsung has a strict policy on trade secrets. In applying to Samsung and progressing through the recruitment process, you must not disclose any trade secrets of a previous employer.
Role and Responsibilities
Purpose of the Role:
Samsung is a global leader in high-end mobile devices, and a major part of our success comes from the outstanding real-time 3D graphics experience we provide for gamers and other demanding customers. To ensure we are always on the cutting edge of performance and quality, we are looking for enthusiastic and innovative engineers to join our team in Staines-upon-Thames. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the next generation of mobile devices from Samsung.
We need talented engineers with a strong graphics and device driver development background on the Android platform, ideally with experience of working in the consumer electronics industry.
The successful candidate will contribute to new high-performance graphics solutions, integrate our solutions with new hardware platforms, optimize graphics drivers, benchmark our systems against competitors, work with 3rd party software developers and generally ensure that we have the best possible 3D graphics experience on the market.
As Low Level Graphics Engineer you will:
- Develop driver innovations to optimize real time rendering pipelines and deliver class-leading performance
- Implement standard features and extensions for APIs like OpenGL ES and Vulkan
- Analyse different graphics workloads, identify bottlenecks and optimize both graphics drivers and content
- Develop optimal middleware libraries based on graphics and compute APIs
- Have technical responsibility for one or more significant sections of the assigned project
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
Skills and Qualifications
Skills and attributes:
- A degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Natural Science, Mathematics, Engineering or any related discipline (an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted)
- A proven track record in real time embedded software development - preferably for mobile devices - with good understanding of the latest development environments
- Expertise in computer graphics with experience in design and development of software such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan or DirectX
- Understanding of computer graphics pipelines and modern mobile GPU architectures
- Expert proficiency in C and C++ programming languages
- System level performance analysis and strong OS fundamentals (memory management, multithreading/synchronization, user/kernel mode interaction)
- Excellent communication, team work and a results-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging
- Experience working on Android Graphics Stack (Compositor, HWUI, HAL)
- Experience working with ARM 64-bit architecture
- Experience developing system software for Android OS
- Familiarity with CPU and GPU hardware architectures
- Exposure to machine learning & neural networks
- Java and/or Python development experience