NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Owing to the success of our business our department is growing. We therefore have a new opportunity for a talented “Embedded Software Developer” within our Secure Software IP Development team.
You will be part of highly talented team developing secure high performance software for next generation products in different market segments (payment, identification, mobile, IoT, Automotive, …) .
The Secure Software IP Development team is responsible for designing and implementing cryptographic libraries for embedded devices. The main challenge for an Embedded Software Developer in this role is to find the required trade off to meet the challenging demands with respect to performance/memory footprint and particularly security for the entire NXP Security portfolio. Moreover, the Crypto Libraries have to meet various Certification Requirements up to the highest level (e.g. Common Criteria up to EAL 6+). In order to achieve this, this role requires to develop a deep knowledge of various embedded architectures (in particular ARM/RiscV).
- Specification and cross-platform implementation of state of the art cryptographic algorithms and secure software based on functional requirements.
- Support architects in design and specification of SW-countermeasures to prevent physical attacks as Side Channel and Fault Attacks.
- Implementation of designed SW-countermeasures.
- Collaborating with OS and Firmware teams to ensure clean and secure integration of the Crypto Software into the final product.
- Working closely together with the group`s test and platform support engineers to ensure maximum product quality.
- Driving and accompanying product certifications.
- BSc., MS., or PhD in mathematics, computer science, electronic/ electrical engineering, information technology or relevant discipline.
- Experience in embedded software development, using C and assembly.
- A solid understanding of microcontroller architecture.
- Strong debugging skills and analysis.
- Experience in implementing cryptographic algorithms such as DES, AES, RSA, ECC, SHA, … is highly appreciated
- Knowledge of hardware and software countermeasures against side channel and fault attacks is a plus
- You are a team player, you have initiative and you get results.