*this position has a start date in 2021
As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
The automotive Ethernet field application team at Texas Instruments EMEA Sales GmbH (TI) provides technical support (hardware and software related) for automotive suppliers and OEMs. Most of the tasks are focused on dedicated Automotive Ethernet PHY’s and connection to system-on-chip (SoC) devices that are developed for automotive systems like gateways, camera- and sensor end points. Examples are TI’s SoC family (TDAx) and TI Automotive PHY’s supporting 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1 automotive Ethernet standards.
One field of activity is to develop hardware near example code and test code for interface modules to demonstrate the capability of the SoC and the PHY. Also the development of demo hardware as well as media converters and test boards is in focus. In addition the field application team helps Ethernet customers during system development and takes care of any hardware- or software-related issue by understanding, analyzing and reproducing the reported finding. Typical Ethernet applications range from a stand-alone function like a singly PHY connection up to gateways with multiple PHYs of different standard classes and a complex switch matrix to handle the traffic.
- Development of hardware near software examples on TI’s Ethernet PHY’s and SoC’s
- Testing of use case examples on new PHY’s and SoC’s
- Customization of existing hardware and software to demonstrate distinct features
- Debugging of hardware and software issues
- Documentation of developed software and hardware
- Building Demo Systems
When: SS 2021 or WS 21/22
Duration: Approx. 6 month
[OPTIONAL: Internship can be amended with a Bachelor-/Masterthesis]
- Student of electrical engineering, computer engineering or related field with background on application and signal processors and SoC’s
- A basic understanding of electrical circuits
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment (e.g.oscilloscopes)
- Practical experience in embedded system software development
- Basic understanding of software development in C/C++, real-time operating system, Linux
- Team collaboration skills
- Benefit from an attractive compensation
- Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
- Explore a world of opportunities for your personal and professional development