- Master's degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 standards.
- Experience with Android RIL, Telephony, C and Embedded RTOS.
- Experience in cellular protocol stack (control and/or data plane).
- Development experience with wireless technologies such as CDMA, E-HRPD, GSM, UMTS, TDS-CDMA, LTE-FDD / LTE-TDD, and 5G.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in voice (including WFC, VoLTE, ViLTE) and data call performance, system selection, power and performance optimizations, MIPS optimization and hardware accelerators.
- Development and domain expertise in cellular control or data plane protocol stack - IP multimedia core network subsystems (IMS) technologies such as VoLTE/vt, NAS, RRC, RLC, PDCP, MAC, and PHY.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As an Embedded Protocol Stack Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As an Embedded Protocol Stack Engineer, you will focus on development, integration and customization of modem features on Android devices, working closely with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and vendors. You'll be the point of contact for all debugging, triaging and fixing modem issues from factory and certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT/FIT). You will also be responsible for developing power and performance optimized connectivity solutions.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Debug, triage and fix modem issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), and field performance issues.
- Develop power and performance optimized connectivity solutions.
- Develop innovative modem differentiators.
- Support RFI/RFQ and carrier compliance.