- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including programming experience in C, C++, Java and/or Python.
- 2 years of embedded development experience.
- Experience in lower-level computer systems, computer architecture, embedded systems and kernel development.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Knowledge of ARM or x86 assembly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Chrome OS is a modern OS where we’ve reimagined every feature from the ground up to be smarter, faster and more secure. Chrome OS offers the best of Google by being tightly integrated with the Chrome Browser, the Google Play Store, and Google Assistant.
You are a passionate engineer with experience in lower-level computer systems, computer architecture, embedded systems and kernel development. Areas of development may include BIOS, Linux kernel, device drivers, embedded firmware, performance tuning, virtual machines, power management, connectivity, debugging tools, tests and release management.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.