We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Developer to join Arm and work within a high-impact team of engineers. Our team is delivering software drivers and tools for our world-leading GPU hardware designs to the automotive industry. We are investing heavily in growing our Manchester software team to own and deliver our driver software products to an entirely new market of partners!
Software Engineering at Arm
The software engineering teams at Arm play a meaningful role in the entire lifecycle of Arm's products:
- They enable early architectural exploration of new hardware features
- Provide crucial deliveries that support the development of our hardware products
- Build tools, drivers and services, that enable our customers to create technology that empowers the world.
Software at Arm today is developed using modern, industry-standard tools and techniques. We value the art of great code-reviews (and reviewers), get excited by the use of automated continuous integration tools and take joy when our teams pull together and achieve success through delivering in sprints.
Great software engineers have a rewarding and dynamic future at Arm. You will be joining a growing community of engineers who you can learn new skills from. Those same engineers are also keen to incorporate your experience and ideas to help shape the future of how we develop software.
About the GPU Team
Arm’s GPU team produces the Mali series of Graphics Processors, the world's #1 shipping GPU. Our GPUs enable state of the art graphics on premium mobile devices, TVs, set-top boxes and more. Our team collaborates to produce hardware and software designs enabling our partners to integrate and deliver energy efficient graphics solutions to a huge market.
In 2020, our Mali-G77 GPU was awarded 'Best Processor IP' in The Linley Group’s Analysts’ Choice Awards!
From this role, you can expect the following:
You will become a member of our Automotive software team, a growing and diverse team, exclusively based in Manchester, giving you the ability to develop and make a meaningful contribution to our future products.
Your responsibilities will include working with industry leading automotive partners, delivering new features and platform support to ensure our software products integrate seamlessly into their designs. Your day-to-day work will take place alongside an eclectic and engaging set of peers, learning and growing together in the fields of virtualization, automotive operating systems and modern software development.
You will get exposure to large scale software development, cooperating closely, across sites and timezones, with engineers working on other driver modules, modelling, HW design, emulation, verification, etc.
From you, we are interested in the following skills:
- Excellent software development skills, especially your knowledge and capability with C/C++. If you experience is in the embedded, automotive or graphics programming spaces this would be an advantage.
- Experience with using modern day software development techniques and workflows such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Exposure to working with and delivering to multiple highly motivated and engaging partners in parallel
- A high level of pro-activity, initiative and problem solving skills. as well as willingness to take on varied and complex technical challenges.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events