Amazon Web Services’ Network Products Development team is looking for experienced hardware engineering professionals to help build our next generation networking platforms. The right candidate will play a key role in the design and development of our next generation Ethernet switching platforms for our world class datacenters.
The ideal candidate is a hardware board designer with Ethernet networking experience in the areas of terabit switch fabrics, 10/40/100 gigabit interfaces, and embedded CPU subsystems. Recent FPGA design experience is required.
You will have previous experience in high speed digital design, as a hardware engineer in the networking field. This includes architectural definition, specification, key component selection, detailed board and FPGA design, working closely with PCB designers, testing, and transition to manufacturing.
Candidate should be able to accommodate up to 10% travel to other AWS sites and Asia. Candidate must be freely able to enter Taiwan and China
- 5+ years experience in hardware board and systems development
- Experience with Ethernet switching fabrics, Ethernet PHY and SerDes interfaces, embedded CPU subsytems, DDR2/DDR3/DDR4 memory design, network processors, I2C, USB
- Experience with high-speed PCB design
- Experience troubleshooting with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and specialized test equipment such as PCI analyzers and in-circuit-emulators
· taking products from concept to mass production
- Prior experience developing FPGAs for HW control/monitoring
- Experience with AC/DC PI for board design
- Experience interfacing with outside vendors and developers, particularly Asian CMs and Asian ODM/JDM partners
- Good verbal and written communication skills, must be organized
- Recent experience in CPLD/FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role