What would it feel like to keep Apple products always cool? Join the CoreOS Thermal Management Software team to find out!
The Core OS Thermal Management Software Technologies group is looking for a talented software engineer to join the team designing and implementing thermal management control algorithms across all iOS, macOS, WatchOS and Apple TV products. Our environment fosters innovation and rapid product iteration within a creative solution space and the product of your work will have direct customer impact on the next generation of Apple products.
Our systems are ever more powerful and our industrial design requires our products to be controlled under extremely tight and state of the art thermal management. In this unique and highly visible role, working closely with system architecture teams, product design, system software, field diagnostics, and several other technology groups at Apple, you will develop and productize novel thermal management monitoring and control algorithms in embedded firmware and high level OS system software; aiming to invent a roadmap of scalable system thermal solutions with the amazing customer experience always in mind.
- Work cross-functionally with system architects, thermal product design and other system software engineers
- Invent new thermal management algorithms under tight product physical enclosure constraints
- Explore novel thermal management software solutions for concrete customer facing challenges
- Design, implement and optimize system software and embedded firmware
- Analyzing telemetry and control loop responses
- Demonstrate and explain cross functionally system thermal/power/performance trade-offs
- Influence long term software design and specifications of future HW products to deliver a roadmap of innovative software solutions to very challenging system problems