Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
Renesas Electronics Corporation delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, home electronics, office automation, and information communication technology applications that help shape a limitless future.
- This engineer will work with senior level engineers to assist with product definition, circuit board designs, perform technical reviews, and provide analysis and troubleshooting efforts of SoC development boards and reference design kits
- Collaborate with marketing, management and other engineering development teams to continually improve the usefulness and marketability of design solutions
- Perform schematic design and PCB layout based on system requirements, datasheets, vendor reference designs, best engineering practices and EMI/EMC experience
- Peer review schematic and board layout based on best engineering practices and EMI/EMC experience
- Perform component library management for inclusion of new symbols and footprints into the design toolset
- Interface with partners, customers and vendors to learn and understand existing and future components, standards and trends in the automotive industry
- BSEE or higher
- 8+ years of electrical hardware design experience
- Hands-on experience with system bring-up, testing, and debugging
- Experience with various communication buses: USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, Ethernet, etc.
- Familiarity with wireless modules and standards such as BT, WiFi
- Experience with various test and measurement tools: Oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, I2C programmer/analyzer, soldering workstation, etc.
- Self-sufficient, fast learner and hands-on individual who can work in fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Some travel required
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Embedded C and Python programming
- Successful design of embedded system products and taking them to production
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics PADS, PADS Pro or Expedition
- Familiarity with HyperLynx or other high-speed signal simulation software
- Experience with Renesas or other SoC’s and processors
- Knowledge in areas such as: high-speed signals (1Gbps+), switching power supplies, automotive power management and sequencing principals, clock trees, ethernet over backplanes, etc.
- Hands on experience with EMI/EMC testing
- Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks