Alif Semiconductor is a well-funded rapidly growing startup designing a new generation of IoT devices. We are seeking a Sr. Application Engineer to join our team developing advanced embedded solutions and supporting our lead customers. The candidate will report to the Director of Applications Engineering in Pleasanton CA.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance
- Design Embedded firmware, application examples, and proof-of-concept solutions
- Develop reference designs in cooperation with Partners and Independent Design Houses.
- Create and present training material targeting embedded applications and solutions.
- Contribute to the development of documentation such as Application Notes, Quick Start Guides and User Manuals.
- Work with the marketing team to validate product requirements and review new product introduction materials.
- Work with the Documentation team to review and update Datasheets and Technical Reference Manuals.
- BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Demonstrated experience in developing MCU-based products/systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Expertise in C programming and debugging, system bring-up.
- Expert knowledge interfacing digital and analog peripherals, HW standards such as SPI, I2C, USB, and Ethernet.
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of Real-Time Operating Systems and the use of Linux as an embedded operating system.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of embedded system design methodologies and best engineering practices
- Understanding of Embedded Security and Root of Trust concepts.
- Familiarity with wireless technologies and related communication protocols
- Experience with communication interfaces including Ethernet and USB.
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other standard lab equipment