- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of work experience in Embedded Systems development, or 1 year of experience in Embedded Systems development with an advanced degree.
- Experience with bare-metal or RTOS-based microcontroller development.
- Software development experience in C or C++.
- Experience designing and developing for multiprocessor SOCs.
- Experience with Graphics Programming.
- Experience with of one or more of the following: microcontrollers, SoC, DSP, device drivers, hardware bringup, power management, ARM processors, performance optimization, file systems, bootloading, JTAG debuggers, firmware, or hardware/software integration.
- Performance analysis and optimization experience in the domains of embedded systems or machine learning.
- Experience working with chipset vendors and/or contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for building and optimizing the software that our products are built upon.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Architect, design, and develop software for embedded processors within next generation immersive computing products.
- Write robust, reliable, efficient, and testable low-level software to interface with sensors, displays, wireless chipsets, and other peripherals.
- Optimize and tune system power and performance across the stack and enable hardware by bringing up the operating system and devices.
- Work closely with other teams on solving cross-functional problems to create compelling experiences on highly-customized hardware platforms.
- Write factory tests to ensure hardware is functioning correctly on the assembly line, and work closely with chipset vendors and contract manufacturers.