Software Applications Engineer with Technical Lead potential for networking products including cutting edge enterprise/SMB switches and physical layer devices.
In this Enterprise Networking SW Applications Engineering role you will be challenged with key responsibilities including:
- Assist customers in running switch development kit in their OS/platform environment
- Become familiar with embedded OS's like Linux and VxWorks
- Identify s/w bugs
- Write/suggest software fixes
- Suggest the appropriate use of APIs
- Conduct SDK overview presentations
- Understand Ethernet protocol/switching/packet processing architecture thoroughly and answer customers' questions regarding the features, providing timely and accurate information.
- Work with Sales Account Manager to increase demand for Broadcom Enterprise Networking products pertaining to software applications.
- Understand the customer’s application in order to identify key technology and product features for next generation products.
- Act as technical liaison between Enterprise Networking Software Development Team/Factory Application Teams and the customer.
- BSEE/CS plus 6 years, or MSEE/CS plus 9 years, or PhDEE/CS plus 3 years, or equivalent experience
- Strong software skills, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in embedded software design and development
- Ability to understand millions of line of code and write patches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and independent self-starter, with ability to adapt to rapidly changing market requirements
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated success calling on decision makers within target account base
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Applications Engineer role highly desired