Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Be a part of the engineering team responsible for designing, developing, and integrating embedded software for radio front-end, transceiver, and baseband control on the worlds most advanced wireless modems. Innovate, design, and implement C/C++ embedded drivers for cutting edge RF and modem hardware technology for WWAN standards including: sub6/mmW 5G, LTE, WCDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE.
Participate in the product development lifecycle from inception and design to bring-up, optimization, verification and commercialization. Provide a software abstraction layer to seamlessly support a variety of radio hardware configurations on a common protocol stack. Interface with cross-functional teams within the overall modem organization: ASIC design, modem/RF systems, systems test, hardware, protocol, FW, common software, power management. Design and implement test mode interfaces to enable hardware characterization and tuning procedures to optimize RF performance. Design and implement the software control for cutting edge power optimization systems to enable efficient transmit operation while maintaining RF spectrum emissions requirements. Optimize device control transactions to meet strict timing requirements for inter-RAT operation.
This position is in support of the Auto Telematics DSDA development for SDX55.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- College graduate with a BS/MS or PhD in CS, CE or EE
- Experience with RF test equipment measurements for power or spectrum or waveform quality in at least one cellular standard: GSM/EDGE, CDMA2000, WCDMA/HSPA, TD-SCDMA, or LTE
- Experience with debugging embedded software using an in-circuit emulator (Lauterbach Trace32 JTAG) for an ARM processor
- Experience with development of Layer 1 (Physical), firmware or RF Driver software using the C programming language, for at least one of the following technologies: GSM/EDGE, CDMA2000, WCDMA/HSPA, TD-SCDMA, and LTE
- Experience with embedded build systems including compiling, linking, loading, and executing firmware images
- Experience with power and spectrum signal analysis using IQ capture data