- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software.
- Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C, C++).
- Responsible for delivering strategic results that may have a company-wide impact and is long term in nature
- Initiates innovative design, development concepts
- Technical or business consultant to group, business level managers
- Leads development of high impact and/ or long-range strategic projects and initiatives
- Often acts as a a mentor to less experienced professional contributors or para-professionals
- Works on advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry. May be the in-house expert on specific technologies.
- Manages resource to achieve long-range group direction
- Decision have major impact on organization, both internally and externally
Master - Knowledge:
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 12+ years of related experience. At this level, post-graduate coursework may be expected.