As a Principal Firmware Engineer within the 3DXP Media System Engineering at Micron, you will be responsible for defining firmware architecture, designing, building, bench testing, debugging firmware for new emerging Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) based products.
- Develop NVM system architecture: translating algorithms to firmware designs
- Define firmware architecture and implementation specifications
- Design high performance firmware for cutting-edge media system
- Debug, optimize, and validate firmware design on SoC platform
- Bring up FPGA/ASIC systems
- Perform system failure analysis on FW related issues
- Build and enhance the firmware development and validation methodology
- Lead a group of Firmware Engineers to deliver the firmware modules
- Technical expertise in SoC architecture for solid state based storage and memory systems
- Deep understanding of NVM media device such as NAND flash memory or other new emerging memory technology
- Extensive experience in FTL design and related features
- Solid understanding and working experience of media management algorithm
- Strong working knowledge of software engineering principles and designing and developing firmware using C/C++ programming and assembly
- Extensive experience of firmware code review, test and validation methodology.
- Solid understanding of ARM Microprocessors with experience on ARM Core development
- Innovative problem-solving skills and strong debugging skills in embedded firmware application
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process life cycle.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and cross-functional teamwork
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) with 10+ years of industry experience or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) with 6+ years of industry experience.