Are you passionate about robotics, computer vision, machine learning and want to help change the world?
This role presents an opportunity to shape the software foundations upon which the Autonomous revolution will be built. In Arm's Machine Learning Group, we develop the software stacks and specialist processors which enable developers to deploy groundbreaking machine learning algorithms. Join us and help build a software stack which will enable these algorithms to safely take control of Autonomous machines, from drones to self-driving cars - all running on Arm's state-of-the-art machine learning processors!
About the role
You will be developing a driver stack and Deep Neural Network inference engine for Arm's range of high-performance Neural Network Processors to target real-time, safety-critical applications. You will write low-level driver code directly controlling NPU processor operation in response to higher-level commands from applications. Quality and reliability is of paramount importance which is why we build comprehensive test suites and verification systems.
You will join world-leading engineering teams inside Arm, collaborate closely with product marketing, hardware and software architects, as well as the other software teams. You value quality, safety, reliability and attention to detail and are passionate about helping our industry-leading customers and partners succeed in deploying Arm's solutions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Deep knowledge of embedded systems, computer system architecture and related hardware concepts
- Authority in low-level C software development, ideally with knowledge of MISRA C or similar.
- Experience developing safety-critical software and working with V-model development processes such as ISO26262 and/or ASPICE.
- Understanding of kernel-level device drivers and how they integrate within an operating system
- Desirable Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Deep Convolutional Neural Network algorithms and their application to computer vision problems
- Familiarity with RTOSes such as Green Hills INTEGRITY, WindRiver VxWorks, QNX or RTLinux
- Experience developing driver stacks for compute accelerators such as GPUs or DSPs
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events