Bring security and connectivity to even the smallest of devices through your contributions to open source projects that form the backbone of the Internet of Things: Mbed TLS, Mbed Crypto, and Mbed OS.
We are looking for an experienced embedded software engineer to join the Devices Security team in Arm's Internet Services Group (ISG), responsible for development of the device security stack.
You will have a strong interest in secure software and embedded systems as well as in increasing the number of IoT devices. This is your opportunity deliver a vital part of the IoT, helping to ensure they will stay robust and secure, despite their small size.
What will you be responsible for?
As an embedded security software engineer, you will lay the secure foundation of Mbed OS. You'll work as part of an agile team dedicated to driving the growth of IoT.
You will secure and optimize the entire device stack: net code, TLS protocol, cryptography, OS, and drivers. You'll write and develop tight, high assurance software in C and assembly, participating in code reviews to ensure your peers do the same. You will gather requirements and build suitable solutions.
Who are you?
- Strong C programmer
- Familiar with the common security issues that arise from using C
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Phenomenal teamwork skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Appreciation of open source development
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
What makes you stand out?
- Experience developing secure software
- Understanding of common vulnerabilities and their exploitation
- Experience in an assembly language (Thumb-2, x86, 6502, 8051, 68k, MSP430, etc.)
- You play Capture the Flag for fun
- You are interested in physical attacks (e.g. SCA, FI)
- Experience working with an open source community
- Experience with open source methods and practices, and use of git
- You read the TOASSA and found it interesting
- You know each rule of the SEI CERT C Coding Standard by its reference
- Experience in development of cryptographic libraries
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events