As an embedded software engineer intern for the Systems Integration Group (SIG) in Boise, ID, you will participate in analyzing digital and analog circuits used in the development of semiconductor test equipment. You will be required to write code in C/C++ in order to debug, test, calibrate and control the hardware subsystems. In this position, you will work with a mentor that will help you develop your skills as an engineer and gain experience working on important projects that benefit Micron.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Applies learned technical design concepts and follows detailed instructions.
- Solves straightforward design problems and seeks guidance as needed.
- Desire to understand and debug electrical schematics.
- Integrates knowledge of basic concepts, principles and theories of Electrical & Software Engineering.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as DMMs and Oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus but not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of schematics.
- Analyze component specifications for design use
- Debug of electronics in an ESD safe lab environment.
- Write and understand test software as it relates to electronic debug.
- Write technical documents and lab reports.
- Write software to verify and diagnose chip and circuit issues.
- Debug C/C++ software interfacing with the hardware.
- Present design work for peer review.
- Work in a team to accomplish a goal.
Development work may include:
- Interfacing to microcontroller and processors circuits.
- Calibrating and interfacing with power supplies and digital circuits.
- Working closely with electrical engineers to bring up and verify new system boards.
- Designing a suite of tests to catch manufacturing errors in circuits and over all board design.