- Master's degree in Communications/Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 standards.
- Experience in modem LTE/NR L1 issue analysis and debugging.
- Experience in C/C++ and embedded RTOS.
- Deep understanding of 3GPP LTE/NR L1 standards.
- Experience in designing/developing/optimizing modem LTE/NR L1.
- Experience in developing modem L1 test cases.
About the job
As a L1 Firmware Engineer, you'll focus on development, integration, customization and performance enhancement of modem L1 features on Android devices, working closely with Pixel SW/HW teams, original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and vendors. You'll be the point of contact for all debugging, analyzing and fixing modem L1 issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field testing and customers. You'll also be responsible for validating the function and performance of L1 features. In this team, you'll not only have the opportunity to expand your domain knowledge vertically (from antenna/RF to protocols) and understand the modem more deeply from the viewpoint of the system, but also be encouraged to propose your innovative and practical ideas to optimize the L1 performance.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Debug, analyze and fix modem L1 issues from factory, certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT), field testing and customers.
- Validate the function and performance of modem L1 features.
- Develop modem L1 test cases for enhancing the test coverage.
- Co-work with Software/Hardware teams to deliver high-quality Pixel modem.