Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm SoCs provide integrated solutions for computing and mobile phone products worldwide. The Video multimedia team drives the feature development, integration, and commercialization of multimedia applications and features on Qualcomm multi-processor and multi-core chipsets. In this role you will have the opportunity to drive feature integration and development of middleware/driver modules in multimedia on Qualcomm chipsets. The candidate will work with different software technology teams, Microsoft/Google, systems engineering, and test groups across multiple sites.
This position requires the candidate to work on the design, implementation, commercialization of various user and kernel mode modules on Qualcomms application processor subsystem for supported OS like Windows and Android. It also requires meeting the non-functional aspects of multimedia including but not limited to performance, latency, power, robustness, and stability.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
1 to 5 years of experience in the following:
- Embedded SW development.
- Software debugging skills in embedded real time operating systems.
- C/C++ development on Windows/Android/Linux smartphone and desktop platforms.
- Sound understanding of the Windows/Android platform architecture and OS internals.
- Understanding of power and performance considerations on embedded systems on either Windows or Linux OS.
- Expertise in working with tools and techniques used in the Windows and Linux OS (Windbg, JTAG, etc.),
- Professional experience in multimedia development, particularly in the video technology domain.
- ARM or other embedded SoC development and debugging.
- Knowledge about video compression standards, containers, framework like OpenMax IL, Media Foundation, streaming protocols etc.
Bachelors or (preferably) Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering