This is a great opportunity to work on a growing team focused on firmware that is crucial to all of AMD’s product lines spanning from server to semi-custom ASICs. This team is also responsible for firmware transformation initiatives to propel the organization to the next level.Working in this new team is a great career opportunity to make a big difference where contributions will get noticed widely. As member of the Firmware Engineering Team you will be part of the development group focusing in pre and post silicon validation. To be successful in this team you will need to bring your history of success working with global and highly-dynamic teams.
The Person :
Will have strong analytical thinking skills, excellent attention to detail, and good coding skills are required. Excellent presentation and technical communication skills to internal customers and stakeholders as well as strengths in communicating upwards to middle management and directors
- Support all platforms and projects with firmware responsible for configuration of high bandwidth peripheral IO busses such as PCIe and SATA.
- Engage as a team player and work closely with cross-functional teams such as BIOS, SMU, architecture, design and verification on delivery of integrated firmware solutions.
- Develop low level firmware for embedded systems.
- Support pre- and post– silicon as well as production cycle efforts
Preferred Experience & Skill set :
- firmware development including pre- and post- silicon validation.
- Expert in C/C++/Scripting languages/and x86 Assembly.
- Knowledge of ASIC architecture and digital design design/flow concepts.
- Hands on experience with end-to-end Firmware from pre to post-silicon and production cycle.
- Proven skills with firmware lab debug, triaging and implementation of bug fixes for silicon bring-up, through production.
- Understanding of hardware and software system integration.
- Understanding of industry standard peripheral IO Bus architecture such as PCI, PCIExpress, SATA, Ethernet, USB and HyperTransport.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with northbridge architecture, hardware security and encryption.
- Strong analytical, debug, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of verification flows including System Verilog, UVM and Emulation.
- Experience with FW integration testing and debug in pre and post silicon.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, excellent attention to detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and technical communication skills to internal customers and stakeholders as well as strengths in communicating upwards to middle management and directors.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Engineering Science or Computer Science.