Excellent opportunity to apply digital communications theory to the forefront of wireless power technologies. In this position, you will be part of a team developing innovative concepts implemented in products used by many millions of people. The position primarily involves architecture of digital sub-systems for Apple’s next generation wireless power technology spanning across almost all Apple products. This is an extraordinary opportunity for “out of the box thinker” who can enable innovative technologies and superior integrations for wireless power systems in Apple products. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and high potential individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Digital communications expertise
- Deep knowledge of embedded DSP architecture including C, assembly programming
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink or similar simulation, design and modeling tools
- Experience developing PHY-layer ASIC implementations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Develop high performance digital communications physical layer to overcome challenges unique to wireless charging
- Develop and evaluate adaptive equalizer architectures and interference mitigation techniques
- Provide design simulation, calculation and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome including firmware processing speed and code space analysis, digital-signal processing end-to-end performance analysis, etc.
- Author detailed specifications, analyses, and characterization plans for wireless power custom silicons
- Perform rigorous design reviews with silicon vendors.
- Drive vendors to get the highest quality products in a minimal timeframe.
- Review vendor designs create test vectors qualify communication link across wireless link corners
- Modify and own code for embedded DSP baseband processor
- Optimize adaptive equalizer and algorithms Cross-disciplinary design optimization, hardware/software design partitioning, trade-off assessments, design checking and tolerance analysis.
- Concept verification and validation with simulations and prototype design such as FPGA emulation system, lead pre-silicon system validation, prototype bring-up, debug, validation, characterization, and post-silicon module integration support.
- Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including firmware, silicon engineering, system engineering, product design, firmware engineering, test engineering, program management and process engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art wireless power solutions.